With the ever-changing situation in relation to novel coronavirus (COVID-19) some events may now have changed. This website will reflect these changes once they have been confirmed with the event organiser, and once the venue has had confirmation of any changes. Please check directly with any event organiser for the most up-to-date information about any event you are planning to attend
15 March 2020 update: some events have now changed. Please check this website for any confirmed changes or check directly with the event organiser.
Telford International Centre will continue to follow best practice advice from a range of agencies including: the UK Government, the Department of Health and Social Care, Public Health England (PHE) and the Association of Event Venues (AEV).
If you have any questions or specific health concerns about Covid19, then please refer to the advice on Public Health England’s website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-information-for-the-public .
Attending Events at Telford International Centre
We encourage everyone who comes to TIC to make sure they follow correct personal hygiene procedures. More advice can be found at the NHS’s website https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/.
We take advice and guidance from Public Health England and the UK Government with regards to any major health outbreak.
Across Telford International Centre and the wider Southwater Event Group, we have put in place additional measures for all of our employees and our customers to make sure that good personal hand hygiene is followed and awareness of what to do is clear. This includes:
- Additional signage and bottles of hand sanitiser have been introduced in to areas where soap and water is not readily available, to make it even easier for everyone to clean their hands (subject to availability)
- Staff, exhibitors and visitors are being encouraged to maintain good hand, respiratory and personal hygiene by employing the wider ‘Catch It. Bin It. Kill It’ campaign, and we are fully supportive of the new Government-backed public awareness campaign, making use of promotional materials in the venue and Group hotels
- We have a specialist outbreak planning team on-site, supported by senior managers from across the Group who are continually monitoring the situation
- TIC also operates a robust, professional cleaning schedule which includes regular cleaning of toilet facilities and all public and event spaces
- We have on-site first aid responders and a dedicated first aid room
- Finally, the most important precaution everyone can take it to observe good personal hygiene, including washing your hands more frequently and for at least 20 seconds each time.